Role and Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, the project manager is responsible for delivering a windows server 2008 and windows 2007 desktop migration project. The project manager is responsible for a team of developer QA, Systems Admins and PCLAN techs. The project manager will be responsible for the team’s coordination and delivery of their assigned work. The PM will accomplish this by ensuring that each team member has clearly defined tasks and success evaluation criteria. Additionally, the project manager will be expected to oversee all activities related to the project including establishment of internal and external testing, and researching the impacts of the migration. The project manager is also expected to advise management of problems or potential problems related to the project on a timely and proactive basis. The project manager will be responsible for determining business impacts, scope of work and phasing of the migration.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
3 to 5 years of experience in project coordination and management
General working knowledge of practical aspects of project management
Previous experience managing custom software development and COTS implementation projects
Ability to balance project management process with rapid delivery of benefit to the customer
Experience with maintaining project schedules and budgets.
Strong customer focus
Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
Problem solving skills
Skilled in the creation of project related documents, including but not limited to RFIs/RFQs/RFPs, business cases, research findings and detailed statements of work.
Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certified Scrummaster (CSM) or equivalent Scrum and Agile experience
Experience with IT infrastructure migrations preferred.
• Analyzing business processes, organizational procedures, work flow, and information requirements
• Documenting business and functional requirements, and recommending implementation strategies
• May include reviewing state and federal policy and writing/reviewing structured English business rules
• Completing testing activities including developing test plans, executing tests, and tracking/reporting test outcomes
• Working collaboratively with business and technical partners to complete projects
• Creating and updating project work plans, completing project activities and communicating progress/outstanding issues and risks
• Planning, scheduling, facilitating, and documenting meetings with project teams and/or stakeholder groups
• Coordinating production migrations and validating correct implementation of deliverables, reviewing key indicators to locate and correct problems, follow up and tracking remediation of issues
• Preparing and delivering oral and written presentations for a wide variety of audiences on both technical and non-technical subjects
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with business users to identify and prioritize needs, articulate business impact, and evaluate alternative business solutions
• Advanced listening, requirements elicitation, analysis, and problem solving skills
• Proficient analytical skills to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, consolidate details and extract to functional requirements
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute comprehensive test plans for projects of various sizes and complexity
• Advanced skills in interpreting and understanding program policies and procedures
• Advanced ability to develop and write technical documentation
• Organizational skills to prioritize projects/tasks and adapt to unplanned activities or changes in priorities
• Advanced listening, requirements elicitation, analysis, and problem solving skills
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and ability communicate with technical and non-technical partners
• Ability to analyze business needs of the agency
• Ability to complete feasibility reviews and impact analysis
• Ability to make appropriate recommendations for automated solutions to business needs
• Ability to assess operational needs to establish priorities
• Ability to respond promptly to customer needs; take a customer-centric approach to problem solving; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments; and manage difficult or emotional customer situations
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; set goals and objectives; use time efficiently; and communicate activities and results as appropriate
• Ability to analyze complex issues, interpret, evaluate and arrive at logical conclusions
• Ability to review, analyze and resolve production problems
Preferred/Desired Candidate: – Bachelor’s Degree and five years experience performing business/systems analysis, application testing for mainframe or web based systems, data analysis, quality assurance, or help desk activities. Relevant experience on highly complex systems with considerable level of customization and complex Business Rules.
This is a critical project and long term vacations will be denied. One –three day requests will be considered.
• Development of existing enterprise level component structured distributed applications
• Use of Microsoft Windows Class structure with the ability to use those class objects in a development environment
• Development, deployment and maintenance of API’s
• .NET programming in both Web and windows based applications
• Report Development using SSRS
• Ability to use formal systems analysis methodologies to analyze business problems and develop appropriate functional and technical solution specifications
• Developing in a relational database environment
• Development, deployment and maintenance of APIs
• Good knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Financial Practices) compliant enterprise financial software systems with multiple integration points
• Knowledge in generating, parsing and consuming of XML messages.
Windows – Advanced – 5 years
Powershell – Beginner – 3 years
C# – Intermediate – 4 years
VB.NET, ASP.NET – Intermediate – 4 years
XML – Intermediate – 4 years
MS SQL Server – Advanced – 5 years
Iterative – Intermediate – 4 years
Agile/Waterfall – Intermediate – 4 years
.Net Framework – Intermediate – 4 years
TFS/MTM/Coded U – Beginner – 3 years
Visual Studio – Advanced – 5 years
TFS – Advanced – 5 years
AWS Solution Architect/AWS Certified Instructor to provide AWS knowledge transfer for ADHS personnel. ADHS has migrated many of their application systems to AWS cloud with vendor assistance. The IT support team needs appropriate knowledge transfer for day-to-day support and for leveraging AWS capabilities.
Review existing ADHS AWS implementation to be able to provide necessary knowledge transfer. Knowledge transfer areas should include the following AWS technical areas:
–Automation, routine maintenance tasks such as patching, backups and configuration
–Identity & access management
Provide knowledge transfer onsite on a specific day of the week to be mutually agreed upon.
Description of Duties:
50% – Develop test plans/scenarios/cases/scripts to ensure appropriate test coverage. Provide direction to developers to implement solutions per requirements. Execute testing based upon documented test cases/scripts and ensure applications tested meet customer defined business requirements per documented user acceptance criteria. Conduct user acceptance testing with end users to ensure implemented solution meets expectations. Document and track software defects as well as issues with performance and usability.
30% – Identify, evaluate, and document business needs and objectives, operational processes and procedures, problems and requirements. Understand the business case, and gaps in documented business process (as is vs. to be). Perform requirements elicitation/documentation/management, as well as use case documentation (standard, alternate, and error) to assist developers in creation of solutions to meet business objectives. Leverage understanding to document meaningful user acceptance criteria for user stories. Capable of facilitating communication between stakeholders from all levels of the organization while objectively identifying and resolving conflict.
20% – Identify and document processes and procedures related to Business Analysis and Quality Assurance standards, including opportunities for improvement.
Identify candidates for test automation, document test flow and data requirements/dependencies, and implement using approved tools.
• Windows Server Experience
• SDLC – Agile (Scrum, Kanban) Experience
• Intermediate Visual Studio/TFS/VSTS Experience
• Intermediate VSTS Experience
• Intermediate STLC Experience
• Intermediate .Net Applications, ETL Experience
• Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) Experience
• MS Project Experience
• Intermediate SQL Server 2008 R2 & 2016 Experience
• SSIS/SSRS Experience
• .Net 4 Experience
• Experience with Automated testing tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, REST Assured, or Postman